How and when do you move a camera to emphasize a story? Whether it’s a corporate video or a film, the way cinematography is made can influence the story and affect the viewer in a big way. The exploration of this is one of my greatest passions.
I am used to work on various sized projects, whether as a Director of Photography of a larger film crew or shooting as a self directing camera operator.
I am specialized in creating different camera emotions that fits the emotion of the scene. The equipment I use is often a gimbal, like a Ronin or a Movi with the Exoskeleton that also reduces the vertical axis.
Some examples with my use of a gimbal system are Dotan - Let The River In, Bata Industrials and Philips New perspective. Bigger Impact.
American Society of Cinematographers, ASC (2018)
By Shelly Johnson ASC, Bill Bennet ASC, Stephen Burum ASC and Ueli Steiger ASC. In the ASC Clubhouse, Hollywood, Los Angeles, California
Filmmaking at Hurlbut Visuals (2016)
By Shane Hurlbut ASC, Burbank, Los Angeles, California
Masterclass Camera Directing (2011)
By Per Holmes, Hollywood Cameraworks, London, UK
Film School - Camera (2009)
Den Bosch, Brabant, The Netherlands
For most of the projects, I work with my lovely RED V-Raptor VV camera combined with my Sigma cinema primes set. Depending on the needs of the project I rent extra lenses and gear. Below you find a list of my own equipment.
• RED V-Raptor VV with eND PL mount
• Sigma Cinema Primes(20,24,35,50,85 and 135 mm PL) and different kind of EF lenses.
• Laowa 28-75 T2.9 Full frame PL zoomlens
• Mattebox, two motor remote focus, rig, RED Pro Small HD 7″ media and accessories
• Camera cart
• Easyrig Vario 5
• External 7" and 9″ HDR field monitors
• Directors/studio monitor 21″ 10 bit HDR 1000 nits
• SDI video transmission set with multiple receivers
• Gimbal system/remote head: DJI Ronin 2 with realtime wireless SDI monitoring and multiple receivers
• Exoskeleton for the gimbal system
• DJI Force Pro, mimic control
• Easy Jib
• Camera rails en dolly track,
• Cinema slider Cineslider(2,5 meters)
• Easyrig Vario 5
• Apature 300D Daylight set
• Aladdin flixible BiColor light sets.
• Fresnel tungsten set (350W, 650W, 1KW)
• LED Panel set, BiColor 3200-5600K High Power 5600 LUX
• Reflectors and flags
• Full RGB led tubes and bulbs
• Røde NTG3
• Røde NTG1
• Røde M3
• Sennheiser lavalier set
• Røde Boom kit
• Zoom H5 mixer